Tuesday, June 10, 2014

stressful situation ...


   Sybil & I are barely keeping it together, we're so anxious for football season to start ... while I'm maintaining as well as can be expected,  I fear Sybil is starting to crack under the strain ...

poor thing, stressed to the max !!
  
   I ran across a forgotten video clip, from this past winter's desert escape ... those are a few wild burros that walked over to our camp to say HI to Sybil ...


   Sybil's so friendly, she doesn't even bark at them ... (my vicious watchdog)

                 ****************************

   'da Bears' are beginning training for the upcoming season - meanwhile, I've doubled my Verizon cellular Internet bandwidth, will now have 10gb/month available ... 

   so, I 'should' be able to watch more of our Bear games via Internet stream this season ... I say 'should' optimistically, because I seldom am close enough to a major market to have 'fast' enough Internet for streaming video ... 

   TV is just not an option for me ... I could go the satellite dish route, but if I went to all that trouble, I'd constantly be in front of a TV set ...

   I already sit around too much, (junk knee, etc.), so I don't need any more excuses for laziness ...

   during the NFL College Draft, I attempted to watch a bit of it online, and saw the NFL had blocked the streams, as soon as they were posted up ...

   so, it's quite possible, the NFL will be successfully blocking the game streams this year ... meaning, no football for Ol' Dad & Sybil !!! ...

   I may have to go hang out in some local sports bar, or something,just to watch football this year ... hopefully not, I quit drinking 10 years ago, and can't stand being around drunks ... 

   (I was an accomplished, professional drunk, and am easily offended by copycat amateurs, wannabes, and pretenders-to-the-throne) ...

   it probably wouldn't help me enjoy 'da Bears' victories surrounded by Arizona Cardinals fans, either ... 

   I like the Cardinals just fine, they don't affect me one way or another ... but, I was amazed to discover the 'oldest rivalry in the NFL' is not the 'Bears vs Packers', but the AZ Cardinals and 'da Bears' ! ... huh ?

   seems in the old days, when 'da Bears' went from being the 'Decatur Staleys' (named after the sponsoring Staley Corn Starch folks in downstate Decatur, Illinois), to 'da Chicago Bears', they faced off with another local team, the Chicago Cardinals ... their rivalry only lasted a short time, as the football Cardinals left Chicago, for St. Louis ...

   yup, that's historical fact - 'da Bears' chased 'em clear outta town, 320 miles south to hide in St. Louis ... 

   still too close to the source of their fears (da Bears), years later,  they again slunk off, this time to hide in the deserts of Arizona ...

   
how's that fer a history lesson ?

upcoming video post:   the Flying Power Poles !


  

    

  

No comments: