Thursday, July 6, 2017

home after road trip ...


   I have returned ! ... actually, I got back home to northern Kalifornia about a week ago ... it all went pretty well ...

   I took my time going out and returning, resting whenever I got tired or bored ... fact is, I would have postponed my return trip by a few more days, but I just couldn't handle the heat whenever I wasn't driving ... the van has a good a/c in it, but when it came time to lie down, it was just too much ...

   I was hoping to get a lot more photos than what I did, but the unusually hot June weather was so withering, I shot at least a few photos right from the driver's seat - quickly lowering and raising my window so my air conditioner wouldn't have to catch back up ...

   anyway, as long as I was driving, I felt great - I joked to my doctor, if I didn't have to climb in and out of the van to gas up, I could do this every day ! 

   Nevada's old US Route 50, of 'America's Loneliest Highway' fame, was uncharacteristically well-traveled this trip ... not exactly rush hour, but cars were driving by every few minutes ...

a 'wildlife viewing area' west of Ely, NV
   more to come,
 

No comments: