Tuesday, March 7, 2017

one last road trip ...


   I've been in kind of a hurry to bring the Blog up to date, as to what has been happening with me the last coupla years ...

   with that now done, I can ease up a bit ... the next few days, I will be busy packing my van, and getting ready for 'one final road trip' ...

   'one final road trip' - the same thing I assumed during the last 3 'final road trips' ...  

   having been told I only had 12-14 months to live (18 months ago), I drove back to my home town of Illinois 3 times in this period of time ... hey, sorry to be so greedy, OK ? ... 

   at least, I escaped the Kalifornia healthcare system for awhile, and got things done properly back east ...

   fortunately, while I was recuperating from my hip surgery in Illinois, my niece and Sybil fell in love with each other ... best way to describe it ... they are inseparable, and Sybil has been guaranteed a loving home for life, a relief to me that I can't over-emphasize ... when told I was a goner, Sybil's welfare immediately came to mind, I really worried about her ... 
   so, this situation has me very pleased, and confident Sybil will be well taken care of after I'm gone ... 

   PLUS, I get occasional photos, videos, and letters from Sybil - she has not forgotten her Daddy ! ...

   
this is one HAPPY girl !

lots of attention to the princess !
   a CITY DOG ?, or a WOLF LOOSE IN THE STREETS OF PEORIA !!! ? can ya believe it ? ... she adapted well, and sure likes the colder weather back there in Illinois ... she really suffered in the heat out west here, but now, she can't wait to go outside and lie on frozen ground ! ... whatever blows her fleas off, I guess !

           ahhhh, 26 degrees, MUCH better !

    back to the 'Plan' - I am heading to our old campsite near Parker, AZ, leaving here in a few days ... 
    depending on how I hold up, it is 'possible' I will continue on to Illinois, 'ONE MORE FINAL ROAD TRIP', but that decision will be awhile off, yet ... 
    
    it sure won't be the same without faithful Sybil by my side ... and, it sure won't feel as safe, either, because now I have to be much more attentive to my surroundings ... 

    'attentive' ain't my middle name, either !
    
    I will miss her 24/7 extra set of eyes and ears, and my own are nothing to brag about these days ... mostly, I will just miss looking over and seeing her sitting there in her seat  (I still haven't washed her old 'wet nose spots' from the inside of the windshield on her side) ... seriously, just can't bring myself to do it, the next owner can take care of that !

     so, I'll go to Arizona to camp for a little while, and see what develops, before deciding on the long leg to Illinois ...


 

No comments: