Tuesday, August 19, 2014

the offline blues ...


   I almost forgot how to sign in for the Blog ... I have been almost 100% offline the last few weeks, (and for awhile longer, too, unfortunately) ...

   the Verizon internet I use has gotten weaker and weaker every summer up here in my canyon, to the point where it's almost impossible to connect ...

   to top it off, my generator gave up the ghost a couple weeks ago ... I will buy a small Honda generator in a couple weeks (still saving up for it, those things are EXPENSIVE !) ... I suspect the ever-increasing tree foliage in my area contributes to the weak internet, and definitely has put the kibosh (is that how ya spell kibosh ??? ) on my solar panel, too ...

   but, today, Sybil & I are in a town for my doctor visit, and can get online, FINALLY ...

   expecting to have a new generator around the first week of September, we will be getting set for our winter migration ... although I'm not too fond of the desert, it will be nice to have both internet & sunshine back again ...

   Sybil could care less - she doesn't use the computer much (mostly just dog/cat computer games), and except for the air conditioner in her doghouse, she's not a heavy power consumer ...

   - until football season, that's when Sybil starts foaming at the mouth to see her Chicago Bears play ! ... 

   Da Bears are doing very well in the preseason, and we can't wait for the regular season to start in 2 weeks ... we will be quite GOOD this year ...

   seriously good, in fact ...

  
 
CAUTION:  BEARS FEEDING !



   

No comments: