Wednesday, March 14, 2018

watching the world spin ...


   I'm still alive, and still doing relatively well ... my cancer has grown, and spread around the body more ... that's what cancer does, so I guess I would have to say, all is going well ...

   my new bride has been an absolute angel, and takes very good care of me ... it's amazing how the good Lord has provided me with someone that loves me enough to put up with a crazy old fool, with not much to offer ... gotta say, I have really lucked out !

   I'm still feeling pretty good, I really can't complain ... I'm still getting around, and able to function for the most part ... I haven't been outside the apartment for a couple months, I guess, but that's OK ... the weather is looking more like Spring every day, so soon I will be able to sit outside, maybe even go for a short walk to our mailbox ... I love where we live, it's almost like a little park setting ... quiet, clean, and peaceful, I am very, very fortunate ...

   I am a rich man ... I have everything I need, and the sense to know I don't deserve any of it ... that's been the way things have gone since giving my life over to Christ, my Savior ... 

   oh yeah, I'm a real Bible-thumper, alright ... it's easy to be a Christian when you know you're dying, I won't deny that ...

   the best part of the whole situation for me, has been the fact that I have loved the Lord for a long time, well before I got the cancer, and saw my clock running down ... 
   
   I know the timing doesn't matter to Him, but it makes me feel like a little less of an opportunist ! ... mine has not been a 'foxhole salvation', but those are every bit as legitimate as any other, I'm sure ... so, if you feel an urge to accept the Lord, don't drag your feet, go for it ! ... there's nothing to gain by putting it off, and everything to gain by getting an early start on it ... accidents happen all the time, don't get caught up short ...

   whew ! these long-winded sermons are tough on my typing finger, I probably should give it a rest ... I think I will fix something to eat, and watch some TV, (I have the day off)

'da Bears' have added some very promising Free Agents these
last couple days, maybe THIS will be our big comeback season !
   
  
                       I sure miss this girl !

                                    soon ...

 

No comments: