Tuesday, February 6, 2018

still hanging around ...


   yes, I'm still alive, still hanging around ... I am starting to feel more like a cancer patient lately, pain is increasing, and in more locations, but still under control ... 

   despite my pain meds, I'm completely clearheaded, and lucid ... the other day, Fentanyl patches were added to the recipe, and while I soon felt the difference it made , within 24 hours, I felt perfectly normal again ... evidently, the pain meds are balanced out just about perfectly ... I have enough medicine in me to fight the pain, but not so much as to affect my overall well-being ... 

   anyway, the old clock is beginning to wind down, and that's OK, has been expected for quite awhile ...

   our weather has been gorgeous lately, quite Spring-like for this time of year, I'm loving it ! ... sunny, and high temps in the upper 60s and low 70s, I will take all of that I can get ! 

   I occasionally get photos of Sybil from my niece ... Sybil is in wolfie heaven now, as there's some snow falling in central Illinois ... Sybil LOVES snow and cold weather ... with that heavy coat, I don't blame her, she is definitely dressed for hard weather ! ...

   I would really love to have one of her big warm, hairy hugs right now ! ... I am so grateful for the time I had with her, as well as my other dogs ... they were all major contributions to my life, no doubt about it ... the Lord sure knew what he was doing, when he designed the dog to keep us company ... man's best friend, you betchya !
   
just chillin'
    let's see, what else have I been doing lately ? ... oh yeah, almost forgot, I got married ... I GOT MARRIED !!!!!   hahaha, yes, after almost 13 years together, my girlfriend, Loralee, finally broke down and agreed to let me marry her ... I'm sure glad she did, too ! ...


   because of my poor health, we got married here in our tiny apartment so I wouldn't have to travel ... my Pastor, Doug McMaster and his wife Sharen, drove up and performed our service right here in the living room ...

   and, it almost didn't happen ... 

   just an hour or so before our wedding, Loralee drove to the store to pick up the food ordered for our little reception, and while she was gone, disaster struck ... 
   waking up with a headache that just wouldn't go away, I started out on the wrong foot right from the beginning ... before I could even feel it coming on, I immediately broke into a cold sweat, and the room started spinning ... by the time my fiance walked back in the door, I was almost unconscious ... we're talking VERY sick ! ... a few minutes later, our handful of guests started arriving, and I looked like hell, let me tell ya !

   Pastor Doug began the wedding ceremony, while I stood, too weak to even hold my head up ... his wife Sharen stood beside him whispering, "hurry, Doug, hurry" ... it would have been funny, if it hadn't been so desperate ! ... after the first couple lines, I had to sit down, just couldn't stand up any longer ... my Loralee grabbed a chair, and sat right next to me while Pastor Doug finished our wedding, and it was well worth the effort ...

   I will always regret Loralee not getting a more conventional wedding, but nothing about me is ever normal, I think she is used to that by now ... she sure is a wonderful wife, and I thank the good Lord for her every day ...
  
not done messin' up, I even had my eyes closed !
   isn't that something ? after almost ruining the entire Wedding, I couldn't even keep my eyes open ! ... but, Loralee's smile was just too beautiful to pass up, so I had to use this photo !  (I was daydreaming how lucky I was) ... yes, that IS a Chicago Bears shirt, what else ?


     

    

No comments: